Ft Oglethorpe

The Fort Oglethorpe Welcome Center is located on the parade ground of the historic US Army cavalry post. The Welcome Center houses historic artifacts, photographs, and interpretive information covering local, American, and global history from the Spanish-American War through World War 1 to World War 2. The center is surrounded by many of the original officers’ houses and other post buildings completed in 1905 in the Classic Renaissance Revival architectural style. The Fort Oglethorpe Historic District was added to the National Historic Register in 1979. The Historic District is adjacent to the Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park, commemorating the famous Civil War battle of September 1863.

Address: 10 Barnhardt Circle, Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742
Phone: (706) 841-0339

More Information letsgoforto.com/welcomecenter